This online course is designed to give you an understanding of the knowledge and skills for management in organisations.
Cost2024$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Watch the course introduction video below for more information.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- describe management and the purpose of organisations
- understand the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices
- use analytical tools to evaluate the impact that internal and external environments have on organisations
- understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on decision making
- understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation
- evaluate two types of organisational structures and recommend a structure for a given situation
- understand and apply ways to lead and motivate individuals and teams
- discuss two frameworks of change management in the context of a contemporary issue in an organisation.
This course is internally assessed with no examinations.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months