This page includes information about accessing your @myop.ac.nz learner email account and Microsoft Office software.
When you study with us you have free access to online and downloadable Microsoft office software, including:
How to get to your learner Microsoft 365 account and email
- Log in to the MyOP learner portal
- Click on the link to Microsoft 365 on the homepage (halfway down the page)
- This will take you to your Microsoft 365 homepage. The apps listed above will show in the icons list on the left, or click the waffle icon on the top left of the page if any aren't showing.
Tip – if you are already logged into another Microsoft account, we recommend you open another browser to log into MyOP to access your learner email. This is easier than switching between accounts.
Open Polytechnic @myop.ac.nz email
For your learner email click ‘Outlook’ from the apps list in Microsoft 365. This is where we will send you emails for your courses, such as assessment results.
Forwarding emails from your learner account to another email
If you want to redirect these emails to another email address follow the steps on the Microsoft support page:
How to download your your free Microsoft 365 apps to your device
After you log into Microsoft 365:
- Click the Install Office tab in the right corner (see below), and choose ‘Microsoft 365 apps' to begin the download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install. Depending on your device, you may need to individually install each Office product.
- When the installation is complete open the application.
- Enter your @myop.ac.nz email address and Open Polytechnic password.
- Follow any remaining on-screen instructions and Microsoft Office Mobile should be ready to go.
Due to the size of the download, it can take time to install. If you have any issues check the Microsoft support website: