Bachelor of Applied Management
Learn middle and upper management skills that are sought after in a wide range of industries with our Bachelor of Applied Management.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per week for each 20 credit course. This may be higher at assessment or exam time.
Study type Trimester
Cost$13,140 NZ Domestic
Approximate cost for the full qualification based on 2019 fee information, not including annual administration fees, fee increases, textbooks, course materials or external exam fees.
This flexible degree will let you build your career while you learn real-world management skills. You also have the flexibility to select courses in the degree to suit your career aspirations.
This qualification will prepare you for a career in a wide variety of areas related to management in public or private enterprises.
Hannah Haskell, Bachelor of Applied Management graduate
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will know how to:
- apply the basic contemporary theories of management to a wide range of organisations
- use accounting and other quantitative information for short and long term decision making
- carry out management practices in accordance with key cultural, economic, ethical and legal aspects relevant to New Zealand
- analyse problems relevant to your field of work and propose or critique possible solutions
- design and carry out projects effectively and efficiently
- demonstrate qualities of leadership and innovative strategic thinking.
If you have a National Diploma in the areas like business administration, hospitality management, public sector management or business, you may be eligible to cross credit your previous study towards this degree. This will enable you to fast track your study and achieve the degree sooner.
If you have completed the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) you can also fast track to a Bachelor of Applied Management through our Advanced Standing programme. You can credit 120 credits from your New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) towards your the Bachelor of Applied Management.