Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
If you want to develop specialist skills in marketing and gain valuable business skills our flexible and online Bachelor of Business (Marketing) degree is for you.
Cost$14,274 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
The online Bachelor of Business (Marketing) will provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies geared to the practical realities of business. Covering a variety of marketing dimensions such as goods and services marketing, local and international marketing, consumer and business to business marketing, this programme has a strong problem solving focus. The Marketing Major integrates theory with practice through projects, case-studies, and reviews of practices and policies within organisations and industries.
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to
- apply marketing concepts to solve marketing problems and create value for the organisation and its stakeholders
- critically examine the legal implications of marketing activities and recommend responsible actions
- assess implications of consumer behaviour and impact of other environmental factors on marketing activities
- liaise effectively with other internal (organisational) functions and outside agencies, for example market research, advertising, and media agencies
- critically analyse the underlying theory and practice of marketing management
- prepare proposals and undertake marketing research projects to assist marketing decision making
- recommend suitable marketing communication strategies and use modern communication techniques to reach, attract, and retain customers
- prepare operational marketing plans and contribute towards strategic marketing planning
- analyse the challenges of contemporary marketing contexts and recommend suitable approaches to address them.
Taking confidence in formalising her knowledgeAfter more than a decade working in marketing roles for small businesses, Jenaia Clarke (Ngati Tūwharetōa) was motivated to take on a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) with Open Polytechnic so she could back up her practical experience with a formal qualification and take her career to the next level.
Once you have graduated you may seek employment in areas such as market and business analysis, business development, strategy planning and management, marketing research, customer relationship management, product/brand/category management, sales management, direct marketing, business-to-business marketing, international marketing, services marketing, marketing communications, and digital marketing.