Learner forms

Here you will find all the service forms that you may need during your study. You can either apply online, or download a form and post it to us. If you have any queries please contact us.

Personal and enrolment information

If you want to change your contact details, you can do this through My Open Polytechnic.

Student card application form - use this form to apply for a student card, so you can take advantage of some great student discounts.

Request to withdraw - use this form to withdraw from your course of study. 

Request to transfer - use this form to transfer your course to another start date.

Student assistance application - If finance is a barrier you can apply for student assistance to help pay for course fees and / or purchase text books

Police Vetting and Request form - Some of our programmes that include working with children require this form to be completed as part of the admission process.


Textbook and course materials

Tertiary Texts (VicBooks) is the Open Polytechnic set text provider. For a list of set text requirements see our textbooks information

Open Polytechnic resources

Open Polytechnic has a limited ranges of books and software available for purchase.


Recognising previous study and experience

You can find out more information about the different ways we can recognise previous study and experience on our Recognising previous study and experience page.

  • Application for cross credit and credit transfer
  • Application for Advanced Standing
  • Application for recognition of prior learning (RPL)


Assessment and exams

Application for examination assistance - use this form if you have a disability or long term medical condition and require special assistance for your exam.

Application for special consideration - use this form to apply for special consideration for in-course assessments if, due to exceptional circumstances, you feel you have been disadvantaged in your study.

Application to resit an exam - use this form to apply for a resit opportunity at the next available offering of the course if you did not sit an exam and received an Absent(AB) result, failed to pass an exam or passed the exam but failed to pass the course. 

Application for reconsideration of final gradeuse this form to apply for a remarking of your in-course summative assessment(s) and/or final exam by a different marker.

Application for aegrotat consideration - for learners who are unable to attend an examination, or having sat their examination, their performance was impaired due to injury, illness or trauma.

Application for academic transcript of study with Open Polytechnic


Qualification Award

Application for the award of a New Zealand Certificate or an Open Polytechnic Certificate (including Graduate Certificates)

Application for award of a New Zealand Diploma or an Open Polytechnic Diploma (including Graduate Diplomas)

Application for award of a Degree

Application for award of a National Certificate or Diploma