This online course enables novice writers to produce clear and effective web copy for a specified purpose and audience. You will gain the skills needed to write and edit text for websites, blogs and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this course you will be able to
- Understand the attributes of the World Wide Web as a communication medium and the implications of these for a writer of web content
- Evaluate the quality of web writing samples and recognise how to revise and edit them
- Identify and apply principles and techniques of effective web writing
- Write text appropriate for publication on websites, blogs and social media platforms.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: