Are you interested in how people communicate? With our Bachelor of Applied Science in Communication, you’ll be a confident and effective communicator ready to work in a range of communication roles.
Study type Trimester
Cost$13,923 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme of study has practical components that may require access to a workplace covered under the Government’s COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.Learn more
You will learn how to create effective communication channels in and between organisations and the public.
This qualification will prepare you for a broad range of careers including roles in:
- public relations
- communication management
- media relations
- change and knowledge management
- corporate documentation management
- technical communication.
Graduate story: Veronica - Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication)
What you will learn
When you finish this qualification, you will have the
- analyse and interpret complex communication issues and come up with creative solutions
- write in a clear and concise way
- communicate well at personal, group and organisational levels
- understand organisational dynamics
- undertake qualitative and quantitative research
- analyse, address and offer practical solutions to complex communication issues.
PRINZ member cross credit
If you hold the Public Relations Institute’s APR (Accredited in Public Relations), you will be cross-credited for 72180 Introduction to Public Relations.
To learn more: