Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment)
If you’re passionate about the environment, our Bachelor of Applied Science in Communication and Environment will help you make a difference.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$14,600 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This double major will give you strategic understanding and communication skills. You will be able to analyse and report on environmental issues in the private and public sectors.
It will prepare you for roles in:
- resource management
- policy analysis
- research management
- corporate communication
- environmental education
- auditing and advocacy.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- analyse and use information
- write in a clear and concise way
- communicate effectively at personal, group and organisational levels
- analyse, address and offer practical solutions to complex communication issues
- understand organisational dynamics
- recognise and analyse the causes of environmental problems
- apply environmental principles and legislation to practical situations involving the protection and use of natural resources
- use policy and management approaches to resolve environmental problems
- identify and put in place effective actions to achieve sustainable environmental outcomes.
PRINZ member cross credit
If you hold the Public Relations Institute’s APR (Accredited in Public Relations) you will be cross-credited for 72180 Introduction to Public Relations.
To find out more: