Paying your fees

Te tutuki i ō utu

There are lots of ways you can pay your fees. This page has information about payment options and what happens when you withdraw from your course. 

When you enrol with us you only pay for courses as you apply to enrol in them. These need to be paid fees before the start date of each course.

 On this page:


Fee payment options

You can pay your fees by:

  • Credit card (MasterCard and Visa only). You will be emailed a quote with a link to our online credit card payment site when your enrolment is approved.
  • Internet or branch banking. We are registered with all major banks to receive payment via online banking. You need to use your Open Polytechnic student ID number as a reference when making your payments.
  • Student loan. Contact StudyLink for information on student loans, including what courses are approved for payment by student loans. You can also check the course page for information on this. You should contact them separately as soon as you apply for enrolment with us. We cannot apply on your behalf.
  • Corporate account or contract. A letter of authorisation from the corporate account holder must be included in your application for enrolment.


Paying your fees with a student loan

To apply for a student loan you need to contact StudyLink. They are the government agency that manages student loans. You should contact them to apply for your student loan as soon as you apply to study with us.

Open Polytechnic cannot apply on your behalf.

For more information check our Student loans information or Studylink.

Student loans
Student loan at a glance – Studylink website (opens in new window)


Fees liability if you withdraw from your course

If you decide to withdraw from your course you may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your fees. The amount you are refunded will depend on when you withdraw from your course.

Go to our 'Withdrawing from your course' page to learn more about how and when you can withdraw, including what fees you may have to pay.

Note: All applications to withdraw must be in writing.

When you receive access to your course materials check them carefully. Conditions apply if you wish to apply to withdraw, and receive a refund of your fees (less any non-refundable fees – see Terms and Conditions of Enrolment).


Getting a copy of your fees receipt

If you would like a copy of your fees receipt/invoice contact us. You can help by ensuring we have your correct address details in My Open Polytechnic.

Related information