This course covers the way people communicate and form interpersonal relationships, providing a background in current interpersonal communication theory and research. It allows you to assess and develop your own interpersonal strengths and make informed choices on different interpersonal communication options in relational situations.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
sending and receiving messages
relational contexts; and
strategies for improving interpersonal communication.
This course is 100% internally assessed
You will also complete a personal project on a chosen interpersonal communication problem.
No textbooks are required for this course
You must have successfully completed a Level 5 course before enrolling in this course.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Psychology) (OP701029)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)