Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Psychology)
Are you interested in human behaviour and how people communicate?
When you complete our Bachelor of Applied Science majoring in Communication and Psychology, you will be able to understand and evaluate a wide range of social and cultural issues. You will also have understanding of the communication process, and how it relates to human behaviour.
Study type Trimester
Cost$15,055 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will prepare you for a variety of roles in areas such as:
- human resource
- corporate communications
- community services
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- analyse and use information logically and critically
- write concisely and clearly in a variety of formats and contexts
- communicate effectively at personal, group and organisational levels
- analyse, address and offer practical solutions complex communication issues
- understand organisational dynamics
- understand the fields and sub-fields in psychology. Including how and why these relate to specific career paths and employment areas in Aotearoa New Zealand
- apply and evaluate scientific research methodologies and analysis used in psychology
- identify and demonstrate ethical behaviour in research and/or professional practice
- recognise Aotearoa New Zealand's bicultural context based on the Treaty partnership with Māori, as tangata whenua
- know when and why to apply Treaty principles
- recognise the importance of respecting cultural diversity and apply this knowledge in interactions with people
- explain and evaluate behaviour from many perspectives in a variety of settings.
- develop and evaluate insight into one's own and others' behaviour and mental processes.