New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3)
NZ2453Closed to new enrolments
This qualification is for people who have the potential to be appointed to team leadership roles or who have recently become a team leader. Gain the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
Update for new learners
NZ2453 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) (Version 1) is closed to new learners.
For information on our other available business programmes go to: https://www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz/qualifications-and-courses/business/
Update for re-enrolling learners
Learners who were already enrolled in NZ2453 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) (Version 1) prior to 28 June 2023 can continue to complete their qualification.
Please note, to be awarded Version 1 of this qualification you will need to be enrolled in your last course(s) by 27 June 2023 and complete all course requirements by 31 December 2023.
Alternatively, learners can cross-credit courses completed from Version 1 into Te Pūkenga Version 2 of the programme.
The following table shows the completed courses you will be able to cross credit into the new Te Pūkenga programme (Version 2):
Open Polytechnic Course Version 1
Te Pūkenga Equivalent Course Version 2
NZCB301 Effective Team Performance
BSNS3401 Effective Team Performance
NZCB302 Business Communications
BSNS3402 Business Communications
NZCB303 Understanding Leadership
BSNS3403 Understanding Leadership
If you have any questions, or need assistance with a study plan, please contact us.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Understand principles for effective team performance
- Develop objectives for a team.
- Understand different leadership styles for effective team performance.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Respond positively to diversity within the team.
- Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self effectively to contribute to the performance of the entity.
- Comply with internal policies, and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team.
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
Maximum Programme Completion Time
The last date for assessment of courses in this programme is 31 December 2023. To be awarded this qualification you will need to be enrolled in your last course(s) by July 2023, and successfully complete all course that make up this programme by 31 December 2023.