New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
The purpose of this programme is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who can lead effective teams and manage workflows to achieve team and/or entity objectives, when employed in first line management roles.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to lead teams and manage workflows in an effective and ethical manner, in accordance with ngā kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi (the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi), and in a multi-cultural environment.
What you will learn
- internal and external environments
- leadership styles
- how communication assists in developing relationships
- management and performance of a team
- how to contribute to the achievement of organisational goals.
This qualification will give you the skills needed to work as a first line manager. You will be able to be responsible for the performance of others working in the business.
Skills you will gain
When you achieve this qualification, you will be able to:
- manage work flows in an operational context to achieve team objectives
- assess against agreed criteria, and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives
- motivate your team to achieve the team objectives, and contribute to the organisation's objectives
- develop and manage relationships with team members and stakeholders
- promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance
- show professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team
- adapt your leadership style to be effective in different environments
- follow internal policies, legislation and external requirements for the organisation.