New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
NZ2452Closed to new enrolments
Gain technical knowledge and skills to perform administrative office tasks and produce a variety of business documents.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to do administrative office tasks and produce a variety of business documents using a range of business technologies and software applications.
You will gain effective communication skills and the ability to apply problem-solving and decision-making within a professional, bicultural and multi-cultural context.
This qualification covers the Microsoft Office applications - specifically; Word, Excel, Forms, OneNote and PowerPoint. You can access these applications free of charge through your student portal, My Open Polytechnic.
This qualification covers Zoom, but does not cover any other software i.e. Xero & MYOB.
This version of the programme is closed to new learners. A new unified programme is available for enrolment, click on the link below to apply to enrol.
For information on our other available business programmes go to: https://www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz/qualifications-and-courses/business/
Update for re-enrolling learners
If you were already enrolled in the previous programme for NZ2452 New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology (Level 3) prior to 31 January 2024, and still have courses to complete, you can cross-credit your completed courses into the new unified programme.
The following table shows the completed courses you will be able to cross credit into the new unified programme*.
Courses in the programme offered up until the February 2024 intake
Courses in the new unified programme
BUS301 Business Administration
BSNS3201 Customer Services
BUS302 Business Technology
BSNS3202 Business Technologies
BUS303 Processing Business Information
BSNS3203 Financial Information
BUS304 Producing Professional Business Documents
There is no cross credit from BUS304 into the unified programme.
If you have any questions, or need assistance with a study plan, please contact us.
Computer and internet requirements
This programme is delivered online. To complete this programme you need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet and a data plan so you can do your online learning. This may include streaming videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments.
If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access will allow you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Provide administrative and general office services using business technologies, to support everyday operational activities
- Perform financial calculations, process data and produce information for business purposes
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives
- Select and apply customer service techniques, to meet stakeholder expectations
- Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour in a socially and culturally appropriate manner
- Manage yourself effectively to contribute to performance of the entity
- Comply with internal policies and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to work, or gain employment, in a wide range of supervised general office administration roles in a variety of sectors.
These may include:
- Front line customer service roles such as receptionist
- Data entry operator
- Call or contact centre operators
- Secretary or office support workers.
This qualification provides a pathway to a range of qualifications. These include: