New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
Gain technical knowledge and skills to perform administrative office tasks and produce a variety of business documents.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to do administrative office tasks and produce a variety of business documents using a range of business technologies and software applications.
You will gain effective communication skills and the ability to apply problem-solving and decision-making within a professional, bicultural and multi-cultural context.
This qualification covers the Microsoft Office applications - specifically; Word, Excel, Forms, OneNote and PowerPoint. You can access these applications free of charge through your student portal, My Open Polytechnic.
This qualification covers Zoom, but does not cover any other software i.e. Xero & MYOB.
Unified Programme 2024
Over the last eighteen months our staff have been working collaboratively with Te Pūkenga and staff from the other polytechnics who offer NZ2452 NZC in Business (Admin & Technology) (Level 3), to prepare to move to a unified programme.
As a result of this work, all institutions in the network of Te Pūkenga subsidiaries, will be progressively closing current courses as we prepare to offer new courses being developed for the unified programme.
If you are currently enrolled in NZ2452 NZC in Business (Admin & Technology) (Level 3) we will communicate transition arrangements prior to the new version opening.
Computer and internet requirements
This programme is delivered online. To complete this programme you need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet and a data plan so you can do your online learning. This may include streaming videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments.
If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access will allow you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Provide administrative and general office services using business technologies, to support everyday operational activities
- Perform financial calculations, process data and produce information for business purposes
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives
- Select and apply customer service techniques, to meet stakeholder expectations
- Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour in a socially and culturally appropriate manner
- Manage yourself effectively to contribute to performance of the entity
- Comply with internal policies and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to work, or gain employment, in a wide range of supervised general office administration roles in a variety of sectors.
These may include:
- Front line customer service roles such as receptionist
- Data entry operator
- Call or contact centre operators
- Secretary or office support workers.
This qualification provides a pathway to a range of qualifications. These include: