This online course will teach you about effective administrative processes which are essential to the success of a construction project. You will gain an understanding of the effects of specific acts and regulations on design and construction practices and principles in the construction industry. You will also learn about what is involved in the pre-contract phase of construction.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Once you've completed this online course you will be able to
- describe the purpose of specific legislation relevant to the construction industry
- demonstrate knowledge of the requirements of the Health & Safety Act in the construction environment
- explain the purpose of the range of tender documents, in relation to the laws and regulations
- discuss the tender process
- evaluate tenders for category two buildings.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: