Environmental impact assessment (EIA) is an essential part of effective environmental management. Its key purpose is to examine the potential environmental effects of resource use. This course is designed to provide you with a practical understanding of EIA principles and processes. You will explore the development of EIA and look at its practical application in New Zealand. You will also look at common practice problems and explore the critical role of the public in EIA processes.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- purpose and principles of EIA
- requirements for EIA in New Zealand
- practical methods and techniques; and
- current issues in EIA practice.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environment) (OP701003)