This online course covers the principles and processes of writing effectively and targeting specific audiences. You will develop competence in preparing and presenting documents for a wide range of readers in a variety of business situations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Topics covered include
- elements of effective writing
- drafting and editing documents
- key features of business documents; and
- creating a portfolio of business documents.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Psychology) (OP701029)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (OP701026)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)