This course is a management oriented course and is cross-disciplinary. It is for students who wish to manage projects in the business, management, construction and the Information Technology environments. The course will enable students to propose, plan and control all aspects of a project from proposal to completion. It will include contractual, financial, report generation, risk management, closing and review issues. The course will provide the skills to apply project management techniques and ideas as part of a process that is standard, repeatable, predictable and consistent.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1 & 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Develop a proposal for a medium-sized project.
- Design a project plan.
- Modify an existing project plan to reflect project changes.
- Control the progress of a project.
- Review the completed project.
- Discuss project management issues as they relate to the field of the project.
Please download the following PDF to read important pre-enrolment information about this course.
Pre-enrolment information (PDF 245KB. Opens in new window)
This course is 100% internally assessed
A working knowledge and access to a project management software package such as MS Project is required to complete this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)