Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
Our Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is ideal if you would like a qualification with a focus on human resource management.
Cost$4,758 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
It will prepare you for a career as a mid-level manager who manages staff, or to work as a human resources professional, such as a senior human resources advisor.
To study this qualification you need to have a bachelors degree in another area. If you have successfully completed the Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management major) with Open Polytechnic you are unable to enrol in this programme.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will know about:
- employment relationship issues in New Zealand
- managing people in organisations. Including individual and group behaviour, motivation, leadership, power and politics
- organisational structure, design and culture
- human resource management and applications from a strategic organisational perspective
- the importance of the appropriate management of change
- human resource development, including managing knowledge, and adult learning principles
- training needs identification and analysis
- performance management and career development
- managing diversity
- managing projects in the business. Including how to plan and control all aspects of a project from proposal to completion.
If you do not have a degree and want to pursue a career in human resources management, you can study: