This online course provides an understanding of the key concepts and practical approaches for the strategic development of people and organisations. The course covers human resource development, managing knowledge and adult learning principles, and training needs identification and analysis. It also looks at performance management, career development, evaluating the effectiveness of human resources development programmes, managing diversity, and the Treaty of Waitangi.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 17 Oct 2019
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
On completing this online course, students should be able to
- Evaluate the current debates in defining and theorizing HRD and discuss the key concepts and application of adult learning, relevant to the study and practice of HRD in the wider organisational, social and national context.
- Undertake a strategic training needs analysis for individual and organisational development and design a resultant programme to suit specific individual and organisational needs, including the importance of performance management and career development.
- Consider the issues involved in the development and implementation of structured and unstructured learning programmes.
- Develop appropriate methods for evaluating the effectiveness of individual and organisational learning in the workplace.
- Critically evaluate the current and future trends and influences in HRD, managing diversity and learning in the workplace, and the roles and importance of the Treaty of Waitangi.
50% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)