This online course covers individual and group behaviour, motivation, leadership, power and politics, and organisational structure, design and culture. During this course you will look at the theory and research about how people behave at work, and the implications for managing people in organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 12 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 14 Oct 2019
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
This course is a compulsory core requirement for all Bachelor of Business students.
It builds on and extends the knowledge base developed particularly in courses such as 71130 Organisations and Management and 72140 Business Communication. You will develop the ability to improve organisation performance by applying better management skills and techniques as a result of increasing understanding of behaviour. Human behaviour is considered from the perspective of the individual, the group and the organisation. The course will also provide you with a strong theoretical base for further, applied studies at Level 7 in the Bachelor of Business programme.
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
40% internal assessment
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (OP701026)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (OP700109)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)