This online course is for students wanting to learn the concepts and techniques of effective web design.
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you complete this course you will be able to design websites that are usable, accessible, and validate to the latest World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations. A web-authoring tool will be used to assist in the production and maintenance of valid web documents.
This course will prepare you for advanced studies in web project management and web programming, and to participate in the online world.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
What you will learn
When you successfully complete this course you will be able to:
- analyse a client’s business requirements for their website
- plan a website structure
- use design tools to develop wireframes in accordance with a client’s business requirements
- develop web pages that are usable and that validate to the latest W3C recommendation
- develop web pages so they are accessible, responsive, optimised for search engines
- incorporate interactivity in a web page
- undertake cross-platform testing to ensure web page consistency across platforms.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months