This online course is for students wanting to learn the concepts and techniques of effective web design.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The online course will enable you to design websites that are usable, accessible, and validate to the latest World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations. A web-authoring tool will be used to assist in the production and maintenance of valid web documents. You will be able to produce, promote and maintain a navigable collection of web documents and gain some understanding of the team process of web design. This course prepares you for advanced studies in web project management and web programming, and to participate in the online world.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Analyse a client’s business requirements for their website.
- Use design tools to plan the website structure and develop wireframes in accordance with a client’s business requirements.
- Develop web pages in accordance with a client’s business requirements that are usable and that validate to the latest W3C recommendation.
- Develop web pages so they are accessible, responsive, optimised for search engines and incorporate interactivity.
- Incorporate interactivity in a web page.
- Undertake cross-platform testing to ensure web page consistency across platforms.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
You will require access to an editing tool capable of supporting the production of valid web documents. A recent version of your internet browser will also be required.
This course is 100% internally assessed
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.