International students

Studying as an international student

Many of our qualifications can be studied anywhere in the world. If you have a good academic background or a strong desire to succeed, it is likely you will be able to study with us. Some qualifications have specific entry requirements that you need to be aware of before you enrol, you can find out about these on the individual qualification pages of our website.

We can accept international students who are in New Zealand on a valid work permit studying part-time. A variation of conditions is required. We do not accept international students on a visitor visa or student visa. If you are an international student living in New Zealand, you must provide verified evidence of your right to study in New Zealand with your application for enrolment.

English language proficiency requirements

As we teach in English, all students with English as a second language must meet English language proficiency criteria. Please check the programme and courses section for information.


If you have any questions regarding studying as an international student with Open Polytechnic, please contact the Academic Registrar.


International students in New Zealand

If you are living in New Zealand or would like to study with Open Polytechnic whilst living in New Zealand select one of the following options.
Read more »

I want to study from overseas

If you are living overseas, you can study via distance learning directly through Open Polytechnic or with one of our partner institutions. 
Read more »