New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5) [Version 1]
NZ3580Closed to new enrolments
Advance your real estate career with our New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5).
Cost$1,216 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
In this online branch manager programme you will learn how to carry out agency work on behalf of an agent and supervise real estate salespersons.
NZ3580 New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5) (Version 1) is closed to new learners after the December 2022 block.
Version 2 of this programme is now open to enrolments. Find out more here.
Update for re-enrolling learners
If you have already started studying NZ3580 New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5) up to, and including December 2022, you can continue to re-enrol in your next course.
Please note, to be awarded this qualification you will need to be enrolled in your last course(s) by 30 December 2022, and successfully complete all of the courses that make up this programme by 30 June 2023.
If you have any questions, or need assistance with a study plan, please contact us.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as a branch manager in a real estate agency. Learn how to lead and supervise staff professionally and ethically; and manage a branch of a real estate agency to ensure compliance with current regulatory requirements.
Real estate licence
When you complete this qualification you can apply for your real estate branch manager’s licence with the Real Estate Authority (REA).
To be licensed as a Branch Manager, individuals must have three years’ work experience operating as a licensee and meet all remaining licensing requirements set in the Real Estate Agents (Licensing) Regulations 2009.
Note: With this qualification you can only apply for this licence in New Zealand. This is because the course content is for the New Zealand real estate industry.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- apply professional, ethical, and culturally appropriate leadership and communication skills to support and develop licensees and other staff to improve engagement and productivity, resolve problems, and enhance an effective branch environment;
- supervise licensees and other staff to carry out agency work, applying broad compliance knowledge of current New Zealand law relevant to the real estate industry;
- supervise and support licensees with property inspections and appraisals to ensure quality and compliance with regulations and standards;
- supervise and support licensees to ensure quality and compliance with agency authorities, facilitate complex sale and purchase agreements, facilitate complex lease agreements, and to discharge real estate contracts to comply with the current regulatory environment;
- apply principles and practices of operations management including trust accounts, sales/marketing, human resources, and risk management to achieve and enhance the objectives of the branch of a real estate agency;
- apply effective communication skills and methods to convey information to external stakeholders and networks.