New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Level 5) [Version 2]
Advance your real estate career with our New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Level 5).
Cost$1,216 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This online programme will provide you with broad operational and technical knowledge to lead and supervise staff professionally and ethically; you will be able to manage a real estate business to ensure compliance within the current regulatory environment.
The programme is designed for people seeking to undertake management responsibilities in the real estate industry. Upon completion you will have met the educational requirements to be a manager and, once licensed, will be able to supervise licensees under the Real Estate Agents Act 2008.
This qualification will prepare you to operate as a manager or to operate in a management position in the real estate industry.
Real Estate Licence
To be licensed as a Branch Manager, individuals must have three years' work experience operating as a salesperson licensee and meet all remaining licensing requirements set in the Real Estate Agents (Licensing) Regulations 2009.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- Supervise licensees and other staff to carry out agency work, applying broad compliance knowledge of current New Zealand law relevant to the real estate industry.
- Supervise and support licensees with property inspections and appraisals ensuring quality and compliance with agency authorities and the current regulatory environment.
- Supervise and support licensees to discharge real estate contracts ensuring quality and compliance with agency authorities and the current regulatory environment.
- Apply professional, ethical, and culturally appropriate leadership and communication skills to support and develop licensees and other staff to improve engagement and productivity, resolve problems, and enhance a real estate environment.
- Apply knowledge of the management of real estate trust accounts in the current regulatory environment.
- Apply leadership strategies to engage, support, and communicate with internal stakeholders to enable them to develop and achieve agreed personal and entity goals.
Graduates can progress to the following Open Polytechnic programme: