This online course provides you with the opportunity to reflect on a person centred approach and the values associated with it. In doing this you will also compare values of self, others, Māori and Pacific people and how knowledge of this cultural diversity impacts their own work. You will explore culturally safe operating principles and apply these in their workplace.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $700 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch one of the course videos below.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) (Support Work) qualification are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Describe and apply a person-centred approach in a health and wellbeing setting
- Describe and apply culturally safe operating principles and values for people in a health or wellbeing setting
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting
This course is 100% internally assessed and includes a Workplace Practice
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: