New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) (Support Work)
The purpose of the Support Work strand is to recognise the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred support which maximises independence.
Study type Open
This programme of study has practical components that require access to a workplace covered under the Government’s COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.Learn more
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge required to:
- provide a person-centred approach that maximises independence
- work with limited supervision under the guidance of your organisation
- implement personal plans.
Graduates of the Support Work strand may be employed in a range of roles supporting people in the community including disability and aged support.
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification you will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health and wellbeing setting
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviour in a health and wellbeing setting
- Provide person-centred support to maximise independence.
- Recognise and respond to change
Computer and online access
All of the courses in this programme are online. This means you will access the course content and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need to have regular access to a computer or device, and reliable internet.
Fee free offer
You can currently study this qualification fee free under the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund . For more information about the fee free terms and conditions under the 'Fee free offer' tab.