New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) (Healthcare Assistance)
The purpose of the Healthcare Assistance strand is to recognise the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred health care under the direction and delegation of a health professional
Study type Open
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for student loans, course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge required to:
- provide a person-centred approach that maximises independence
- work with limited supervision under the guidance of your organisation
- implement personal plans.
Graduates of the Healthcare Assistance strand may be employed as healthcare assistants in a range of contexts including acute care, primary care, aged residential care and therapeutic programmes.
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification you will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health and wellbeing setting
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviour in a health and wellbeing setting
- Recognise and respond to change
- Provide person-centred care under the direction and delegation of a health professional
Computer and online access
All of the courses in this programme are online. This means you will access the course content and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need to have regular access to a computer or device, and reliable internet.
Fee free offer
You can currently study this qualification fee free, for more information please visit the fee free offer tab.