In this online course you will learn to apply knowledge and problem-solving skills to plan and complete an engineering project relevant to the discipline strand studied to accepted practice and standards from a given specification.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
On successful completion of this online course, you will be able to
- Develop preliminary design(s), based on a given specification, for an engineering project relevant to your discipline strand
- Develop a plan or design parameters considering functionality, safety, environmental, cultural and ethical issues
- Undertake well-defined planning and produce as project output
- Produce supporting documentation relevant to project output
- Evaluate compliance of the project output against specification
- Present findings to an audience in a professional manner
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: