This online course will develop your technical research skills along with oral, written, graphical and interpersonal communication skills.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow approximately 8-9 hours study time per week for each 15 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This course will cover the following:
- Technical and business communication to standards and codes including referencing systems, physical and web based resources
- Interpersonal communication
- Computer application tools, e.g. word-processing, spreadsheeting, presentation graphics
- Pictorial sketching and basic engineering drawing techniques, orthographic projection, dimensioning principles, principles of drawing office practice and drawing management.
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Utilise information obtained from physical or web based resources in technical problem solving and presentations
- Prepare and deliver an oral presentation on a technical subject
- Communicate ideas and technical findings in a written format
- Create and use pictorial sketches and pictorial/orthographic drawings to current drawing standards as a communication technique to present ideas and data
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills to develop project outcomes.
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
There are no Lab requirements for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: