Engineering CAD aims to provide students with the basic CAD draughting skills required for an engineering technician.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow approximately 8-9 hours study time per week for each 15 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
The course will cover the following:
- Drawing office practice, drawing standard AS 1100, storage and recording systems
- Drawing projection - Orthographic (1st angle and 3rd angle), pictorial projection (oblique and isometric), sectional views, auxiliary projection
- Dimensioning - principles of dimensioning
- Drawing skills - freehand sketching
- Solid modelling using SolidWorks. Construction of parts and assemblies, Output drawings for parts, details, sections, and assembly drawings
- Concepts of CAD/CAM
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate correct draughting practice and the use of different views and projections
- Produce working drawings including projections, perspective, sectional and assemble views
- Produce 3D models of parts and assemblies, and output final drawings
- Explain the CAD/CAM manufacturing process
Method of Assessment
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
There are no Lab requirements for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: