The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and in plain English is an essential skill for all professionals. This course will teach you how to effectively apply the principles of plain English to documents in your profession. On successful completion of this course, you will be able to critically evaluate your writing and the writing of others and produce clear, accurate and reader-centred documents that conform to the principles of plain English.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This course replaces 72280 Writing for Specific Purposes
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to
- apply principles of plain English writing to professional writing
- develop effective writing principles and guidelines appropriate to your own profession
- critically evaluate a range of documents within your profession
- write high-quality documents for your profession.
This course is 100% internally assessed
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Psychology) (OP701029)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environment) (OP701003)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (OP701026)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)