This online course will explore specific contemporary and significant issues and topics in the field of marketing.
You will understand the types of issues influencing the practice of marketing presented by major societal forces such as information technology, increasing competition, globalisation and growing consumer power at the industry and organisational levels.
You will consider recent developments in marketing practice and develop critical understanding of contemporary concepts and practices of marketing.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
On successful completion of this online course students should be able to
- Appreciate the diversity of marketing contexts and the current state and direction of the marketing practice.
- Demonstrate the influence of global societal megatrends that are contributing to changes in marketing practices at the organisational and industry levels.
- Examine the emergence, relevance, and application of contemporary marketing concepts and contexts
- Analyse marketing challenges and issues associated with contemporary concepts and contexts
- Evaluate and recommend approaches to address challenges posed by contemporary concepts and contexts
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)
Course availability over the next 12 months