This online course will enable you to solve a variety of taxation problems using resources such as legislation, case law, and Inland Revenue rulings and practice.
Cost$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Exam dates2024 OfferingsJun - 26 Sep 2024
Topics covered in this course include:
- the theory of taxation in New Zealand
- taxable income and tax payable for sole traders
- companies and trusts
- taxpayers’ liabilities with respect to goods and services tax
- fringe benefit tax
- principles and common mechanisms of tax planning.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Assessment for this course is:
- 40% internally assessed
- 60% examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months