This page includes information on exam dates, where you will sit your exams and how to change your exam centre.
Exam dates and times are not flexible so you'll need to plan for them. Check to see if you need to sit an exam for your course, then find your venue and timetable information below.
Exam Timetables 2022
Ensure that you check the location of your exam centre and how to reach it before the day of your exam. This information will be in your exam admittance information. These are posted approximately three weeks before your exam.
You will be allocated to the exam centre nearest to the home address we currently have listed for you.
If your exam is in a centre you have not used before, we recommend you familiarise yourself with how to get there and how long it will take before exam day. This will avoid unnecessary stress on the day of your exam.
Requirements for attending Open Polytechnic examination venues
If the assessment requirements of your course includes a supervised examination, then you are required to attend an Open Polytechnic examination venue in-person.
As of 5 April, 2022, vaccine passes will not be required to enter an Open Polytechnic examination venue.
While New Zealand is under the traffic light settings of the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework, Open Polytechnic will run in-person exams at examination venues with the following safety precautions:
- All surfaces will be wiped down before and after your examination.
- You will be required to wear a mask throughout the exam. If you have an exemption, please let us know beforehand.
- We will maintain physical distancing by setting up the desks at least 1m apart.
Our exam centres change from to time. If you have previously sat exams with us you still need to check the venue.
If you have any questions, please contact our Services Team.
Changing your exam centre
If you need to change your allocated exam centre, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your admittance letter.
If you have two examinations scheduled at the same time contact us immediately. We will arrange for you to sit one exam in the morning and the other in the afternoon of that day. You must remain at the venue between examinations.
Contact our Services Team, Academic Registry on:
- freephone 0508 650 200.
Resit and reconsideration closing dates
If you wish to apply for a resit or reconsideration you need to do so before the dates below.
Trimester 1 2022
The closing dates for all qualifications (except the Bachelor of Engineering Technology, Bachelor of Teaching and Diploma of Teaching) are:
- Reconsideration applications 2nd August 2022
- Resit applications 16th August 2022
The closing date for Bachelor of Teaching and Diploma of Teaching is:
- Reconsideration applications – 8th August 2022
- Resit applications – not applicable
The closing dates for Bachelor of Engineering Technology are:
- Reconsideration applications – 3 August 2022 (To apply, please complete the application for Review of Final Grade below and submit it to USQ directly).
- Please advise the exams team firstname.lastname@example.org of the submission of your application. More information can be found on the USQ website.
- Resit applications – 17th August 2022 (Note: the application fee for a resit under Bachelor of Engineering Technology is $50. The application fee is non-refundable).
Need more information?
If you have any questions about exam dates and venues get in touch with the Services Team, Academic Registry:
- freephone 0508 650 200.