This online course examines the ways in which parties manage the employment relationship, giving particular emphasis to contemporary developments in this field.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 12 Jun 2019
It takes a generic focus on the subject and recognises the multiple perspectives inherent in the subject.
Upon completing this online course you will have an understanding of industrial relations policies and processes and the effects of the social-economic and legislative frameworks within which they operate.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify key factors in the development of employment relations in New Zealand.
- Explain key current legislation and how it affects the employment relationship.
- Understand and apply legal provisions in an analysis of the relationship between parties.
- Analyse employment agreements for legal compliance.
- Explain and apply legal requirements in resolving employment relationship problems.
- Analyse an employment agreement negotiation.
- 40% internally assessed
- 60% exam
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)