This course provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate teaching practice within an educational setting. You will deliver planned learning experiences within a school or early childhood centre and will reflect on the effectiveness of your planning and delivery. You will also reflect on your progress towards meeting the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $415 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,250 + $60 annual administration fee
This is the final course required as part of the Teacher Education Refresh (TER) and is for teachers who are required by the Education Council to complete a four-course programme before regaining their Practising Certificate.
You MUST complete EDU701 Teaching in Aotearoa New Zealand and EDU702 Creating a Culture for Learning before you enrol in EDU703 Effective Design for Learning and EDU704 Teaching Practicum.
Due to schools being closed in December and January we are not offering the practicum course EDU 704 over December and January. In 2019 EDU 704 will be offered every month starting in February 2019.
This course is currently being offered FEE FREE.
- When you get to the payment screen of the enrolment form choose ‘contract id’ and enter '0805'.
- Under ‘contract name’ enter 'TER'
- Please ignore the message in the contract field: "A letter of authorisation from the Contract holder must be sent to the Open Polytechnic." It is not required for this offer.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Implement designed learning experiences
- Evaluate the delivery and design of designed learning experiences and critically reflect on how these demonstrate progress towards meeting the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered partially online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning and submitting online assessments.
If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: