In this online course, you will learn how to design learning experiences that lead to successful curriculum outcomes. You will make use of appropriate resources and activities that enable learners to meet appropriate curriculum outcomes. You will also understand the principles of good assessments and be able to apply these to designed learning experiences.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $415 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,250 + $60 annual administration fee
This is the third course required as part of the Teacher Education Refresh (TER) and is for teachers who are required by the Education Council to complete a four-course programme before regaining their Practising Certificate.
You MUST complete EDU701 Teaching in Aotearoa New Zealand and EDU702 Creating a Culture for Learning before you enrol in EDU703 Effective Design for Learning and EDU704 Teaching Practicum.
This course is currently being offered FEE FREE.
- When you get to the payment screen of the enrolment form choose ‘contract id’ and enter '0805'.
- Under ‘contract name’ enter 'TER'
- Please ignore the message in the contract field: "A letter of authorisation from the Contract holder must be sent to the Open Polytechnic." It is not required for this offer.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Design learning experiences that include appropriate teaching approaches, resources, learning and assessment activities in order to achieve identified goals.
- Justify the rationale for designed learning experience choices with reference to knowledge of curriculum, pedagogy, and the learners.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: