This online course introduces you to a range of theoretical approaches for teaching diverse adult learners in Aotearoa New Zealand, including Māori perspectives and Pacific approaches. It requires you to understand and apply teaching and learning strategies appropriate to the learning context, including embedded literacy and numeracy. Resources that support teaching and learning will also be explored with particular reference to ICT. At the end of the online course you will be able to articulate an emerging personal professional teaching philosophy.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,100 + $60 annual administration fee
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
Fee free offer
Courses offered under NZ2993 New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 5) are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Discuss a range of theoretical models for teaching diverse adult learners in Aotearoa New Zealand, including Māori perspectives and Pacific approaches.
- Select and apply teaching and learning strategies, including embedded literacy and numeracy approaches, to foster adult learning.
- Facilitate inclusive learning opportunities for adult learners in Aotearoa New Zealand utilising a range of resources, including ICT.
- Discuss their emerging adult teaching philosophy which is underpinned by theory, research and experience.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: