This course focuses on the fact that many behaviours are learned and that we can modify our behaviour by changing our environment. You will learn about behavioural theories and principles and how they can be used to help decrease problem behaviours and increase desired behaviours.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 14 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 17 Oct 2019
Topics covered include
- behaviour assessment
- positive reinforcement
- reinforcement schedules
- stimulus discrimination training
- conditioned reinforcement
- treatment evaluation, and
- report writing and feedback.
You will also require access to a computer, the Internet and email.
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: