This course aims to provide you with knowledge of the basic structure and function of the brain in the context of human behaviour. The physiology and anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems are examined and related to other psychological fields.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 14 Oct 2019
Topics covered include
- the history of neuroscience
- neurophysiology and the cells of the central nervous system
- vision and hearing
- disorders of sleep
- ingestive behaviour; and
- neurophysiological disorders such as dyslexia, memory deficits, brain damage and strokes
Students must have access to the internet to perform the online test during a specified time period.
To study this course you will require access to a computer, the Internet and email.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: