An understanding of cultural difference has become essential for effective intercultural communication in an increasingly global economy. When you finish this online course you will have a critical understanding of the relationship between culture and communication and how culture affects social and business relations in local and global contexts.
Cost$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you finish this online course you will be able to:
- analyse and explain approaches to the study of culture and the impact of globalisation
- apply theories of intercultural communication to real world examples
- critically evaluate and interpret social and business interactions to identify intercultural communication issues.
To enter this course you need to have previously studied at Level 5.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Environment) (OP701007)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication and Psychology) (OP701029)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)
Course availability over the next 12 months