For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Today’s informed, connected and empowered customers and the increasing choice of media and technologies are posing a host of challenges for organisations to attract, retain and expand their customer base and sales turnover.
In this online digital marketing course you will explore the core concepts related to marketing of products and services via digital technologies. You will learn about the push-pull model of marketing and the variety of online business models being used in practice. You will learn to analyse the strategic issues, techniques and processes associated with marketing online and make recommendations to improve digital marketing.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Analyse opportunities, challenges and risks associated with digital marketing
- Discuss online buyer behaviour and how to engage with and respond to online customers and target markets
- Analyse the power of online communities and how to use them effectively
- Explore and evaluate key technologies, techniques and processes available for attracting and retaining customers and markets from the online environment
- Integrate online marketing strategies with offline strategies
- Plan digital marketing strategies and recommend suitable implementation techniques and performance measures.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Level 7) (OP7411)
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing (Level 7) (OP7413)