This online course is for students requiring an understanding of the relationship between marketing research, marketing information and the marketing function.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
You will be introduced to research methods and techniques used in appraising the marketing environment to evaluate marketing opportunities and to solve marketing problems.
This online course will enable you to plan and undertake marketing research studies to assist marketing decision making. You will use tools such as Excel and/or SPSS to collate and analyse research data.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Understand the role, applications and current practice of marketing research
- Evaluate legal, ethical, cultural and industry issues relevant to marketing research and develop appropriate methods to address them
- Translate marketing problems into feasible research questions
- Formulate research objectives and design appropriate research studies to gather marketing information
- Prepare a marketing research proposal to address a specific marketing problem(s)
- Undertake a marketing research study, and present a report with recommendations that will help address the specific marketing problem(s).
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Students will also be required to use their own Excel and/or SPSS software.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Level 7) (OP7411)
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing (Level 7) (OP7413)