This is a general management course, based on contemporary change management principles and strategies, which aims to assist students to understand the nature of organizational change and how to manage change.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 16 Oct 2019
The emphasis is on fostering skills and understanding to enable students to identify and develop appropriate solutions in given situations.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who complete this course will be able to
- Critically analyse organisations from a change management perspective including identifying what makes organisations change, major theoretical perspectives that inform the management of change and contextual factors that influence change interventions.
- Appraise appropriate change strategies and processes including evaluating the role of strategy and identifying and assessing a range of models and options for change.
- Critically evaluate the implementation of change management processes including factors that may affect the implementation of change and the role of human resource management.
50% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No additional textbooks are required for this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)