Quality Management assists you to gain understanding of how organisations embed quality into organisational practices and also transform the quality of their products and services to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
This online course teaches quality management and how to apply it in an organisation, including defining quality; determining its cost; TQM; Kaizen; and quality strategies, standards and culture.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Evaluate the organisational culture and change required as a precondition for the introduction of quality management.
- Identify the appropriate strategies to develop quality management in manufacturing, processing, and service industries including commerce.
- Design, develop and implement quality systems to suit specific organisations.
We recommend you have an understanding of operations management before you enrol in this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Lecturer / Tutor
Assessment and exams
Assessment is 100% In-course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)