The online course is intended to develop your abilities to identify ethical issues in business situations and critically discuss these issues, with a view to developing and communicating justification for ethical decisions in these situations. You will analyse particular business situations using ethical theories to generate recommendations for action, and develop reasoned arguments to support positions on topical ethical issues in business.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 11 Jun 2019
Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify and discuss the nature of ethical inquiry and the nature of ethical justification with regard to business issues and situations.
- Explain the positions of some major ethical theories and illustrate a critical understanding of these approaches using examples drawn from business situations.
- Apply some major ethical theories to evaluate the ethical acceptability of actions in business situations.
- Critically discuss topical ethical issues in business.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (OP700109)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)