This online course will help you develop your ability to identify ethical issues in business situations. You will be able to critically discuss these issues, with a view to developing and communicating justification for ethical decisions in these situations.
Cost20252024$793 NZ Domestic$2,464 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Exam dates2024 OfferingsFeb - 28 May 2024
Jun - 23 Sep 2024
Oct - 22 Jan 2025
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you complete this online course you will be able to:
- analyse particular business situations using ethical theories to generate recommendations for action
- develop reasoned arguments to support positions on topical ethical issues in business
- identify and discuss the nature of ethical inquiry and the nature of ethical justification with regard to business issues and situations
- explain the positions of some major ethical theories and illustrate a critical understanding of these approaches using examples drawn from business situations
- apply some major ethical theories to evaluate the ethical acceptability of actions in business situations
- critically discuss topical ethical issues in business.
Assessment for this course is:
- 60% internally assessed
- 40% examination.
For more information, including and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Communication) (OP701002)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)
Course availability over the next 12 months