This online course provides you with the knowledge you will require at the outset of your real estate career, including knowledge of licensing, professional conduct and fundamentals of legislation relevant to real estate.
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Apply the standards of professional conduct expected of real estate licensees to realistic scenarios, identify the duties of licensees regarding unsatisfactory conduct and misconduct and distinguish the steps in the complaints process.
- Apply the requirements for licensing in the real estate industry to realistic scenarios.
- Identify the main duties relating to real estate work as provided in legislation.
- Explain land ownership titles and key property law definitions as they apply to real estate practice.
- Discuss key points of the law relating to ownership (including co-ownership) and transfer of land in New Zealand.
- Identify relevant points of consumer protection law applicable to real estate practice.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Course availability over the next 12 months