Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
Businesses and individuals rely on accountants to assess their financial situation and give advice on financial dealings
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$13,140 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
Our Bachelor of Business in Accounting will prepare you for a career in public practice, industry, government or education. You will be able to work in areas such as:
- financial or management accounting
- financial management
Study offers global opportunitiesWellington based Retail Manager and Open Polytechnic graduate Moneel Pratap says his Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting with New Zealand’s leader in distance education has not only enriched his current work, but has opened up career opportunities for him on a global scale.
Our Bachelor of Business in Accounting is internationally recognised and accredited by:
This degree may also give you exemptions for subjects in the UK based qualifications:
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will:
- have strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- understand business concepts, processes and procedures relevant to public and private organisations
- be able to identify opportunities, solve problems and achieve business objectives using suitable techniques with reference to ethical frameworks
- be able to critically evaluate the international, cross-cultural, economic, social and legal environments within business functions
- be able to anticipate, adapt to and promote changes important to a business
- have an understanding of your area of specialisation. Including the ability to select and apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques.
Bachelor of Business pathway
If you’re a New Zealand Diploma in Business graduate you can fast track your study to a Bachelor of Business through our Advanced Standing Pathway programme.